CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Money: who needs it?

I DO! This is SO unrelated to weightloss but it's all I can think about at this very moment. With out country in a resession, I can't help but ponder: when is it going to effect me?
Well, funny you might ask. About 20 minutes ago to be exact, I realized that money was tight!
With mullah going out to the trainer (more than I would like to mention) I am slowly getting less and less for myself and my gas tank. I personally think what my trainer is doing with my life and body is worth every penny...atleast that's what I think I am supposed to type here. HAHA...i need reassurance that this new body is not only going to be smokin, but also worth the fortune I am spending. I know I couldn't do it alone...please keep that in mind when you comment!

Also, if you have any idea on how to save money on food (I eat all natural; have to, trainer's orders!) or any ideas on household items I can sell, please let me know! It's getting desperate this month of April! I need HELP!!!!!!!!!

Until next time,
Phat Teacher


ps: I am so flustered I don't even want to go back and check my spelling and grammar. If it's wrong, so be it!!!!!

6 comments:

Chubby Chick said...

I read a fabulous blog that features cost-cutting, coupon sites, etc... but I can't for the life of me think of the name of it! I must need another cup of coffee. lol

I'll try to find it and get back to you! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm going through some of the same stuff... I actually put up some of my furniture on CraigsList today so I could make it through the end of the month and move (into a subsidized apartment!) I think we both know the problem with coupons is that they're always for things like ice cream and frozen dinners. Cutting costs on food, unless you live somewhere that there's a good farm market for local growers... and you only eat food in season... is pretty much NOT going to happen.

I regularly re-negotiate my cell phone and internet rates to save money. Now I'm at rock bottom of everything, and cash advances I've been rolling over since last July are about to run out, and it's time to get serious about getting some cash in.

Sometimes it just takes some hard choices. I have to give up the gym for the next two weeks because I don't have gas in the car, but the gym is priority number 2, right behind shelter, so you can bet I'll be back.

If your debts are more minor, you might consider doing some sort of craft and sale situation, or holding a garage or tag sale (that's a good way to clean out any clutter as well!)

Tami Hagglund said...

Hi! I found your blog through ExFatGirl, and I just found her last night on the FatFighter's directory. Anyway, re:food, I don't know if you do this (I hope it's not insulting if you do), but the best method I know is the envelope budget. Determine how much $$$ you are allowed to spend in various categories, put that amount in an envelope, and when it's gone, it's gone. This especially helps in areas like entertainment and such.

Another suggestion is get a husband who is a miser. That's really helped me :)

Chubby Chick said...

Here's the blog I mentioned in my earlier comment... Tea and Thee.

The link is http://teaandthee.blogspot.com/

You'll probably find some great tips and deals there! Hope that helps! :)

Carolyn said...

Is there anyone you can join the gym with that still creates taht sense of comraderie but much cheaper? I totally understand that your trainer is really important, but is there anyone else (or anywhere else) that you can go that's cheaper?? If there's a community college near by, check and see if any students are offering cheap training sessions... might help!
Good luck! and keep grooving!

Dottie said...

Money...that necessary evil! I wish I had some great advice but unfortunately, I don't. I do understand it though. Isn't it amazing how expensive getting healthy is. Does your medical insurance by chance cover the cost of the gym or the trainer or anything. Some do...especially if you are overweight to the point of it being medically necessary. Just a thought.