CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Fat Girl Likes Cute(skinny) Guy Syndrome

Okay, so here is one example of a situation I will not miss once I complete my journey from FAT to FABULOUS: Fat Girl likes Cute(skinny) guy Syndrome. Better known as the all too common FGLC(s)GY. Let me explain, for those of you who call this uncomfortable situation something else:
There is a cute, skinny teacher who I have been crushin' on all year. He and I have carried on some great conversations and I actually thought we were growing closer as colleagues, perhaps friends, perhaps husband and wife (record scratches in background...Whoops! did I type that out loud?) Anyway, I convinced myself that he could possibly entertain the idea of spending time with me (even at this heavy weight) and it is these cunning mental skills that have lead me into a fools paradise, as they say. As the FG(fat girl) who likes the C(s)G I let myself be fooled into doing something for him just to prove to him that I was worthy of his attention. I can't believe this happened too, since I have been doing so well to boost my self confidence. Anyway, I told him I would help him out because he "had to go work on the football team website and it was the only time he could do it." I of course say yes! Why wouldn't I help this delicious specimen? Well today, my kindness (ehem, infatuation) blew up in my face! I found out that he was working on said website with a new teacher....a new, blonde, skinny, and might I had beautiful teacher. I had to do his job so he could go schmooze with some hottie? This is totally FGLC(s)G syndrome! As a FG I am letting myself be used by men who know they will never give me the time of day....but still insist upon wasting my time to go spend time with another (FREAKING SKINNY) woman.

Am I alone here? Do any of you have FG syndrome stories to share? Post a blog about it and let me know so I can read (and smile) and get angry at that cute skinny bastard right along with you!

Ladies, whatever size we are we deserve to be respected and treated equally. So, even though I am 63 lbs away from goal, I am going to start getting my mind right and STOP giving in to any cutie in tight pants and a coaches shirt (we all have our weaknesses). I encourage you to wake up, and recognize that even though you aren't skinny and fabulous, YOU ARE FABULOUS and really, that's the part that counts!!!!!

Remember, I want to hear your stories!
Phat Teacher

6 comments:

Girl of True Heart said...

OMG - I LOVE the way you write. Your sense of humor comes through so clearly and sounds so much like my own voice in my head.

Yes, I've been there, done that! I have actually not had difficulty getting dates....much to my disbelief. However, I have always been the one to do more in the relationship and often at the cost of a sense of self worth. HE has time for what HE wants, but not for what I want. He needs help with something, *boom* I'm there ready and willing, no matter what. Some say this is just my caring nature. Um, to an extent I'll buy that, but there is a point where it becomes obvious that I'm not valuing myself enough. I think it is true that if you give someone an inch, and another inch and another inch they will take a country mile. Most people take us at face value, such as "You want to do XYZ for me, then so be it, I'll let you." They don't stop and think "OH I really shouldn't let you put yourself out like that." So I'm learning to be honest with myself. I question: 1. Is this something I want to do? 2. What is my motive? If it is something I'm doing to get the attention of another, I rethink doing it.

I am going to meet a CsG on June 18. We've been corresponding on the internet for months. I believe he knows all my flaws (we've done videos, photos, and cam so I am no secret) and he still wants to meet me, but you can imagine my nervousness. He'll take one look at me......but no, I'm not letting those thoughts take hold of me. I am SO worth knowing. I am SO much fun and SO warm, sweet, and sexy. Whether or not we have face to face chemistry is a question that exists regardless of weight. I know that if I do not TRY to live a better life, I will only have myself to blame. No one else.

Many hugs to you and your journey! Keep up the laughter, it helps!

PS Your blog is hard on the eyes because of the color. I have to highlight the words to read them. And I have 20/20 vision. ;-)

Lyn said...

Oh man that just sucks. I feel for ya. I dont have a story but I relate because even tho I was not the fat girl in high school, I was the dorky one who guys used to get close to the cute hot ones! ugh

Take One Stripper Pole said...

Oh yes ... a life long journey of being the FG with a crush on the cute boys ... too many stories to tell ... lol.

Carolyn said...

My lord you make me chuckle!

You know, I"ve only dated skinny men... sometimes skinny scrawny men. But my catch is that I see every guy on EARTH as a friend first with no interest, and then sometimes thingsblossom... but it's all very cryptic.
I've always been a bit of a 'take me or leave me' kinda chick, so I hate to say that I've never come across that type of problem in any of my relationships. But I have so many friends that do...
But are you absolutely sure that he's schmoozing with the other one?? Just as not every fat chick is worthless, not every skinny cute guy is after a blonde bimbo. Just a thought!

Anonymous said...

Your post was so funny and so true. I have had *soooooo* many years of hopeless crushes on normal size men during my 30 years of "fatdom" .... boy am I waiting to kick ass and get revenge as soon as I escape this fat suit prison !!!

Best wishes,
Sharon

Unknown said...

im a skinny good lookin guy who's in love with my full figured girl ellie we are in high school and my advice is keep looking, there are a few of us out there left